How many medical professionals do you interact with on an annual basis? We are willing to bet there are plenty, from your primary care physician and optometrist to ER nurses and surgeons. We trust so many different people to keep us healthy, but what happens if one of them makes a mistake?
Vladimir Tsirkin & Associates is ready to step in and help if you or a loved one have been injured due to a medical mistake. We understand the complexities of these cases and will work tirelessly to secure compensation for all of your incident-related expenses. When you need a North Miami Beach medical malpractice attorney, we are here for you.
What Can Happen?
Between you and your family, we are sure you see plenty of medical professionals on a regular basis. Aside from doctors and nurses, there are:
- Physical therapists
- And more
All medical professionals should perform at a high level of care for each patient. Unfortunately, we know that is not always the case. Medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the United States, claiming the lives of around 250,000 people annually. We know that millions more survive these mistakes and must live with the consequences.
What can happen?
- Diagnostic Errors: Affecting 12 million people a year, diagnostic errors cause more patient harm than any other medical mistake. They can lead to delayed treatment of an emergency or chronic medical conditions.
- Surgical Mistakes: You may have heard of the infamous “never events” like a person being operated on while awake or having a surgical tool left inside of them after an operation. Often, though, surgical errors are more “minor” but lead to disability for the patient.
- Medication Mistakes: Medication errors harm an estimated 1.5 million people each year. They can occur when a person is given the wrong medication or an incorrect dosage. Often, they happen when a person does not receive their scheduled medications at all. Patients are often discharged with medication errors in their prescriptions.
- Infections: The CDC says that 1 in 3 people who die in the hospital have sepsis, a serious infection that has spread through a person’s body.
- Birth Injuries: These injuries can occur to both the baby and the mother. Delivering a child is a delicate process in which there are often complications before, during, and after birth. All doctors and nurses need to be aware of these and attentive signs and symptoms that something is wrong.
What We Can Do To Help
The last thing you thought you would have to deal with was an injury caused by a healthcare professional. Unfortunately, these incidents do happen and you need to know where to turn. Vladimir Tsirkin & Associates have the experience you need to get through this. They will work tirelessly to recover compensation for the following:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost income and benefits if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering/loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible
When you need a North Miami Beach medical malpractice attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 305-831-4333.